Tuesday, August 20, 2002

SUNBAKED ME

you know when you've been out in the sun too long and your hair smells funny? yah, that's me right now. i didn't think it would be so hot outside today but five minutes into pencilling in the design on the garage doors, i had to come inside to get my sunglasses ('cuz staring at white hurts your eyes a lot) and change into shorts. a couple of my friends came over to watch me paint. i enjoyed having the company. it's not often that i get visitors. (thanx for coming!!) :> had a nice discussion about the direction for york's ccf. in the course of the afternoon, i managed to paint all three frogs, minus their hands and feet. can't say i'm thrilled with it yet. but i know all my art projects are like that. i start out not liking them and by the end, i think they're alright.

i'm feeling a deep sense of loss today. over a number of things. over things that shouldn't bother me. but it's nothing some intense journaling and scripture can't cure. :)

Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord.
Psalm 4:5

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8


No comments: