Sunday, August 25, 2002

COME WHAT MAY

psalm 23. i haven't read that in a long time. i mean really read it. so i'm glad our speaker chose it for the sermon scripture this morning.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

lately, i've been asking God to show me how to live life fully satisfied with Christ alone. something from the sermon this morning was, "if we find ourselves wanting something, it's because someone else is our shepherd."

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

i haven't had to face much death in this life so far. i don't fear my own, but it scares me that i will inevitably face the death of those who are close to me. this verse reminded me that even though i'll have to face it someday, i am taken care of.

I will fear no evil...

i will fear only God. (notice it does not say, I will not fear evil.)

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life...

wow, this describes my life thus far. i have been sooooo blessed! Thank you, God!

tonight, i had a really awesome time of fellowship and conversation with a friend i usually don't get to talk to very much. we chatted about all sorts of things, one of them being how God is teaching us what it means to become an adult. on the way home from dropping her off, my tire hit a nail and i had my first flat tire. i'd never known how a flat tire would sound so it was by God's grace that i had the wits about me enough to pull over to a gas station and check the funny sound. :p i've also been blessed with an auto mechanic for a dad, so guess who saved the day?! :) when the whole ordeal was over and we were on our merry way home, i realized that learning how to check a flat tire and change it with a spare tire was another step toward becoming a grown-up. :T

other reflections on my experiences with the drama this weekend to come tomorrow.

No comments: