Saturday, August 17, 2002

ENOUGH

All of You is more than enough for all of me,
for every thirst and every need;
You satisfy me with Your love,
And all I have in You is more than enough.

i wrestled with God again. it was a most enjoyable day capped off by a most lovely evening. and i was at my friend's concert tonight. i went with a couple friends and i saw many other friends there. in all, i was surrounded by love, both human and Divine. but surprisingly, it was during the concert that i wrestled with God. it's been the same question for the past few weeks now. a question rising from my own greed, impatience and lack of faith. God challenged me with this: If I give you what you wish for, would you be satisfied? What if i didn't give it to you, would you still be satisfied? Where is your sense of completeness coming from? and i am humbled yet again.

i love God's grace. one of the soloists sang the old hymn His Eye Is On The Sparrow tonight. i clung to the words in this song a little under a year ago when i was going through some rough waters with a friend. (if you know me, i even changed my icq nickname because of the song). and as i sat there listening, i couldn't help but smile, knowing that the friendship was now restored, we were both sitting in the theatre and God had proven Himself faithful once again. i was even more touched when the next song was Great Is Thy Faithfulness. at that moment, that was all my heart could say. and i was assured that His promises would ring true in all the other areas of my life as well.

on a side note, i found out that someone actually has their computer set up to tell them when i update my blog. ack! ;p well, sometimes, i'd like to know how you're doing, too!

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
Psalm 63:5

No comments: