Thursday, August 08, 2002

SLOWLY SELF-DESTRUCTING

sometimes, i think there's a communication gap between my brain and my body. i just managed to stub three of my toes walking from my computer to the garbage can on the other side of my room. at work today, i hammered my thumb. and the other day, i whacked my elbow on the ceramic soap dish in my shower. that didn't stop hurting until the next day. sigh. i think i'm still growing... as if! lol.

been doing some reflecting on everything that God has brought me through this summer. all the lessons i've learned. all the experiences He's given me. the people i've met. the friendships that have developed. i'm really grateful for the time i've had just to read. all these new ideas; i feel like my mind has expanded so much! i've come to a new appreciation of God's word as living, dynamic and exciting to study. and i've realized the importance of free and total abandonment to Christ in every moment of my day (not saying that i've reached it, but now i know it's something to strive for). i hope and pray that i won't forget these lessons when the busyness of school comes crashing down. i suppose this is one of the reasons why we need each other, to keep us accountable. :)

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:23-25

No comments: