Tuesday, July 29, 2003

JOLT

once in a while, you'll hear about something that shakes the core of who you are and makes you rethink your life. this afternoon, my friend told me about his friend from another country who'd been attacked while leaving her campus one night, knocked unconscious and subsequently had to have an abortion. what's more, these horrifying events were only part of all the pain she's been through.

the only image in my mind after hearing about her was a limp, broken rag doll. my heart shattered when i saw the extreme brokenness that this girl was experiencing and i realized brokenness surrounds us daily. why has God chosen to protect me with His grace? why has He chosen to spare me from the dangers that devour so many people around me? i will never know the mind of God but i do know that i will thank Him for the life i do have and i will be ever more fervent in spending my days here on earth bringing His love to the hurting, sick and lost (which is really every person i'll ever meet).

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.
~Ephesians 2:4-5~

No comments: