Tuesday, July 22, 2003

DAWN

Dear God,

Every morning when I wake up, my hands are tightly clenched around my life. Then, You gently pry them open, one finger at a time. First You have me let go of my worries - the everyday logistics of things that need to be sorted out. Then, I let go of my selfish wants. I let go of the lies in my head that tell me I must earn Your love. I release my past failures. And my fears of the future. Now there is nothing in the palm of my left hand.

Releasing my right hand, I let go of my personal dreams and plans. I give you my relationships with friends. I hand over my relationship with my parents. Then, I give You the doubts that invade my mind. Finally, as the last finger is uncurled, I let my pride go.

At last, I am free. I am simply me, open to receiving all the lessons, challenges and blessings You desire for me. And I am secure because I know I was Your idea in the first place.

Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
~Proverbs 3:5-6 [Message]~

No comments: