Sunday, July 13, 2003

DELIGHT

i think i'm finally back in the swing of things now. after having many conversations with different friends today, i sat down and realized that i'm really happy. i'm literally delighted to reconnect with the people around me. my schedule's starting to fill up again and i don't resent it. God has restored my soul. :> i look at the remainder of my summer and i see that i probably won't be getting much theatre work. but i am unphased. i hope to get some commissions for garage paintings (anyone want some artwork on their garage doors? ;> ) so that i can pay for school next year. but i know i rest secure in God's hands. i'm excited that i can finally meet up with some of my school friends again. i pray that God will give me opportunities to share about His goodness and His gospel with them! it's sort of odd to be feeling this much joy in a time when my family is grieving, but that's the depth and beauty of knowing Jesus. because in Christ, death on earth is only temporary separation.

Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me,
When the world's all as it should be,
Blessed be Your name.
Blessed be Your name, on the road marked with suffering,
Though there's pain in the offering,
Blessed be Your name.
- Beth and Matt Redman

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
~Psalm 23:1-4~

No comments: