Saturday, September 07, 2002

IF I WERE AN ANIMAL...

while describing myself to one of my new suitemates, i realized that my description could very well fit that of a tropical fruit bat:

a) i love warm places. my ideal temperature range is 28-32 degrees celsius.
b) i love fruit. i could eat it all day. :p
c) i'm pretty much blind. my prescription is so high, it's embarassing.

so there u have it. three major similarities between myself an a tropical fruit bat. the only thing is, i don't like hanging upside down. ;p

anyway, it's been a pretty down week for me. being in a new res, not knowing anyone, and not being a heavy party-goer, it's been quite lonely. spiritually, it's thrown me off a little. i guess i've been struggling against self-pity to look beyond myself and find the heart to care for the few strangers around me. it also feels as if i'm in a place where God is silent, but i still know He's there. i am more aware of my weakness than ever, but i'm also more aware of being held and surrounded by the prayers of all my saint-friends. this is a new place for me.

boring is definitely not a word to be used in this walk with Jesus.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
~Ephesians 6:18~

No comments: