Wednesday, July 24, 2002

PERFECT PEACE

mountaintop is now over. the time has come to descend again back to the everyday life without God's overwhelmingly glaring presence. not that He's left. but it's a quieter, more subtle presence.

physically, i feel so gross today. not sick. just little irritations here and there. my mom says it's 'cuz i've been sleeping late. hopefully, she's right. i also have a mystery bug bite on my arm that's insanely itchy (but i refuse to touch it 'cuz it looks freaky enough as it stands).

spiritually, i'm facing a battle against myself. through a conversation with a friend last night, God has challenged me to review my relationships with certain people. am i willing to give up perfectly good friendships so that i can give 100% of my heart to serve my jealous God? will i trust Him enough to let go of the good to gain the best? will i trust Him to take care of the other person when i distance myself? i am so tired of the debate raging inside of me. so tired of all the things i have yet to do.

oh God, give me grace, that i can trust You. lead me by the hand, that i can follow You.

You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3

No comments: