Sunday, February 02, 2003

this morning, God continued to pursue me. the message this morning was from Psalm 84 - one of my all time favourite psalms, simply because of the imagery. as herman preached, i jotted down a couple notes. God is calling me back to his heart this weekend; i have lost sight of him amidst all the tasks at hand... "Our Lord finds our desire not too strong, but too weak...We are far too easily pleased" CS Lewis on desiring God... FIRST LOVE, i have forgotten what matters most, i have settled for broken cisterns (Jer 2:13). as i sat before God, i saw myself running against a wall again and again. then, i realized i was running against giant fingers. as i finally crumbled to the ground, exhausted and discouraged, i saw myself, a tiny crumpled heap in the centre of the palm of His hand. and i thanked God for letting me run into him, for calling me back, for his gracious forgiveness and for carrying me when i was too tired to stand.

you can't encounter God without coming away changed. i've known this and said it for a while already. but today, i experienced it anew.

Thanks, God, for your relentless pursuit of my heart. i'm sorry i lost sight of You in my struggle to make it through this work on my own. allow me to desire You more. and show me how to bless my friends with Your rest.

They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:7~

No comments: