Wednesday, February 05, 2003

STINKY

a short lesson in Chinese (courtesy of my wonderful mother and half a day of nothing to do in China):

if you take the word for self and write the character for big underneath the self and add a little dot by the big, you have the character for stinky. so it is with us. if we allow ourselves get big even just a little dot (ie, if we are prideful), we become STINKY!

God's been challenging me a lot to look at my motives for doing things and helping the people around me. and i'm ashamed to say that a lot of what i do is because i want to feel good about myself or i think i'm the only one who can do it, not because i'm driven by the love of Christ. "don't be a hero," one of my friends said. i must let Jesus be the hero. less of me, more of Him, until it's none of me, all of Him.

Haughty eyes and a proud heart, the lamp of the wicked, are sin!
~Proverbs 21:4~

No comments: