Sunday, February 02, 2003

FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH

"My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
~Jeremiah 2:13~

i love it when i know my heart has heard the voice of God during sunday service. 'cuz when that happens, i know it's been more than a service, it's been worship.

these past two weeks, i'd been so swamped with school work and all the other stuff i'm involved in that i'd been running super long hours (typical day would last from 7am-2am). i still managed to spend time in the Word and in prayer (literally too busy not to pray) but it wasn't until last night that i just sat back and listened to what God was trying to tell me through my brothers and sisters on the tc worship team. being an advisor, i felt like i was supposed to be the one with the insights and the advice (hence, the title), but last night, i just felt so dry. i had nothing to give. instead, God gave to me - through them. while listening to their testimonies and sharing, God showed me my pride and stubborness. i did not have to prove myself and say things to make an impression on them. i was there because God put me there and that was reason enough. i simply had to trust in His wisdom that He would somehow use me to help them. on the drive home, i felt like i'd gotten a small break-through.

No comments: