Thursday, February 20, 2003

[continued from above]

recently, i've had a couple people comment to me that i'm an inspiration to them because of all the stuff i do, but i look at Lotte and i know that she's a real inspiration. 'cuz there's a woman who is on the front lines, serving the poor and the homeless day in, day out. and once a week, she has to be cook, janitor and worship leader all in one night. and through all this, she still keeps the joy of Jesus in her heart. what she does isn't appreciated much - more often than not, she has to deal with complaints and strange food requests. yet she's been doing this for more than ten years.

after spending the night serving with her, i've been so humbled. and i'm motivated to pray for her and her ministry even more. now, when i look at all i have to do in the next little while, i'll just think of Lotte and be encouraged.

[on a side note: if anyone is in the Toronto area and is willing to spare 3 hours on a monday night (even once a month) to give Lotte a hand with cooking, cleaning or worship leading, please let me know. trust me, it's so worth it. it'll change your perspective on life and deepen your walk with God.]

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.
~1 Timothy 1:12~

No comments: