Monday, December 23, 2002

SEPARATION ANXIETY

i want time to stop. it's just over 48 hours before i leave the country to go to asia with my parents and i don't want to go. i've been looking forward to this trip for almost a year and now that it's on my doorstep, i want it to go away. i won't play dumb and say i don't know why. i know exactly why. because going means i will have to face winter term when i come back. going means that my time of rest is over. going also means i won't get to see a lot of people i want to see. and although it'll only be three weeks, i know i will not be the same person when i return.

ah wells. time will not stop. i will have to face another crazy term of busyness. and i will have to change. my only comfort is this: God goes with me.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
~Deuteronomy 31:8~

No comments: