Saturday, August 30, 2003

ONE STEP

i am praying. in my mind, i see myself taking one step. it seems as if i'm walking off a cliff, onto thin air. i have been here before. but this time, i suddenly notice there is water beneath my feet. then i am aware of a Presence. i hear His voice, "do you trust me?" my eyes gaze upward to an outstretched hand. it is Jesus. He is standing on the waves in the midst of the storm, inviting me to step into this adventure with Him. i have been transported into Peter's experience! i'm being offered an opportunity to walk on water with my Lord.

i know i have already been told that i must go to everyone He sends me to and that He will be with me and rescue me (Jer 1:7-8). my choice is whether or not to obey. whether or not to believe. i discover this: fear is persistent and stubborn. yet i know what to ask for: love.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.
~1 John 4:18~

No comments: