Tuesday, August 05, 2003

HE KNOWS MY NAME

I have a maker, He formed my heart
Before even time began my life was in His hands.

He knows my name,
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call.

I have a Father, He calls me His own
He'll never leave me no matter where I go.

~Tommy Walker

Tommy Walker's song is really just a contemporary expression of Psalm 139. this weekend, i experienced the reality of it again.

on sunday night, a group of us left our retreat to attend a wedding banquet for one of the members of our church. at about 10:30pm we all hit the dance floor. now you have to understand, the guys in our group rarely dance, in fact, i think the majority didn't even know how to slow dance. needless to say, it was a highly amusing evening. in all my years being at our church, i've never had so much fun with this group of people. and i think i haven't laughed so hard since coming back to Toronto from my mission project.

on the way back to retreat, i realized that my misgivings of leaving retreat to go to the banquet had been silly and that God had planned it all along. He knew i needed to laugh again. He knew i needed the time just to have fun with the people i serve with.

my friend and fellow worship leader said to me just before we started to dance, "this is very different from sunday worship." and i looked at him and responded, "maybe somehow this is worship, too." in retrospect, i know what happened that night really was worship - because God's sovereignty shone through and in the end, He got the glory.

praise God for meeting our needs before we're even aware of them!

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
~1 Corinthians 10:31~

No comments: