Sunday, August 24, 2003

LOVIN' LIFE... TOO MUCH?

Come, Lord Jesus, Come. so the chorus went. as i stood there, i asked myself if i could really sing those words from my heart. was i eagerly expecting the return of Christ? at the moment, i could not say i was. sure, it would be awesome to be able to see Jesus face to face and to live in perfect love. but how could i ask Jesus to come soon when so many people around me still did not know Him? how could i turn a blind eye to the fact that all my classmates and most of my friends would be spending eternity without God if Jesus were to come back today? at this point, God challenged me: "Do you not trust me? Don't I know the spiritual condition of each and every individual I created? Am I not a God of mercy? I will not let people perish without offering them my redemption." He continued, "Are you not loving your life here on earth too much? Your activities, your friendships, your little lessons in life... Did I not call you to love Me and to love My Son? Why are you so hesitant for me to come back?"

hmmm... so much more to surrender.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
~2 Peter 3:9~

No comments: