Friday, August 01, 2003

OFF AGAIN

long weekend:summer retreat with my church:almost three days away from home to focus on God. in a way, i'm looking forward to it. but i'm not really that excited about it. maybe because i feel like i've been on one long retreat since school let off. and maybe because i've felt a little like i've been in a bog since i got back from Japan. but still, i look forward to having time away from the everyday stuff just to spend with God. i pray that i can be open to His voice and that i can be an encouragement to those who will be there with me.

i've realized it's difficult to live in the present. my tendency is to either live in the past or the future. hm. reminds me of a quote i read a couple days ago.

To live in the past and future is easy.
To live in the present is like threading a needle.
~Walker Percy~

...show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.
~Song of Solomon 2:14~


No comments: