Monday, March 03, 2003

WIND BENEATH MY WINGS

did i ever tell you you're my hero?
...i could fly higher than an eagle
'cuz you are the wind beneath my wings

walking back to my res at 1 or 2am has allowed me to catch a glimpse of what really goes on in the university when everyone's gone. there's an army of people who clean the school every night into the wee hours of the morning. they sweep up the garbage, clear the garbage cans, clean the bathrooms and they even have a zambonie-like machine that polishes up the floors. these are the behind-the-scenes people. they rarely get credit (if any at all) yet they're so vital to the success of the school.

thinking about my life, i realize i have plenty of those people, too. every little project i take on, every ministry i invest in, i only accomplish it with the support of numerous people. take chairing my school fellowship, for example. in times like these, when i'm swamped with schoolwork, the committee members step up and see that things get done. my parents graciously open up our house for planning meetings. and my friends at church don't take offense when i hardly show my face there.

there's a saying that no man is an island. and i guess i'm beginning to learn that truth. everything i do has an effect on the people around me, whether i'm aware of it or not. that's a pretty crazy thought.

so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
~Romans 12:5~

No comments: