Saturday, November 02, 2002

FIRST SNOWFALL

friendships are the most interesting things. how is it that two people can share a connection such that any action that either of them makes will affect both of them? how is it that the mere presence of a good friend can still anxieties and calm fears? maybe because each of us is afraid of loneliness that we appreciate company when we have it and seek it out when we don't.

yesterday was one of the toughest days i've gone through in a very long time. emotionally raw and exhausted both physically and mentally, my day ran from 7am-2am non-stop. i'd slept over at my best friend's place on thursday so i had to ttc it back to school, get ready for class, make it through 4 hours of costuming, ttc it from York to Scarbough, go through rehearsal, lead worship for Mike Clemon's speaking event and go out for food with the rest of the worship team. but somehow, through it all, i know that God still used me to touch people - despite my being in shambles. i know that i was not alone because i had people praying for me. and i know that even when things don't make sense, they will.

Why should I feel discouraged, Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, And long for heav'n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me,
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
~Civilla D. Martin

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD , endures forever-
do not abandon the works of your hands.
~Psalm 138:8~

No comments: