Friday, June 17, 2005

I'D RATHER BE...

something that caught my attention last night at the student prayer meeting:

Being a healthy beggar is better than being a sick king.

how true that statement is! so many times we run after (or at least our hearts run after) things that would make us feel more comfortable, valued or in control but at the cost of our health. maybe it's not our physical health that slowly wanes, but we fail to see our need for genuine wholeness. being away this year, i've come face to face with many different aspects of me that desperately need the healing touch of God. i used to think that i was pretty well off, that i didn't have many problems. but the more i know God and the more i know myself, the more i see that what i need is not chicken soup, echinaecea or antibiotics, i need surgery.

Lord, make me a healthy beggar!

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
~Psalm 84:10~

No comments: