Thursday, June 24, 2004

REASON TO BELIEVE

(read the post below first before reading the rest of this)

so right after publishing my last post, i get in my car to drive my computer to a friend's place to get it fixed. as i back out of the driveway, i see a faint rainbow. now a rainbow is a sign of God's promise never to destroy the earth by flood again - a promise of goodness, a promise of life (see Genesis 9:12-16). so picture me, in my wavering faith, glancing up to see God's promise in the sky. but it didn't end there.

as i'm driving down Bayview, the rainbow not only gets brighter, but i see that it arcs over the ENTIRE SKY. and not only that, but the rainbow lasts only for the duration of my drive. by the time i arrived at my friend's place, it was all but gone again.

you could say it was a coincidence. or you could call me egocentric, but to me, that rainbow tonight was God's way of splashing I LOVE YOU! all across the sky. His love note to me. i tried calling people to tell them to look, but they didn't get to see it. God blows my mind. even though i lacked faith, God still pursued me and gave me reason to believe. He's my biggest cheering section.

God spoils me.

O LORD , you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in-behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
~Psalm 139:1-6~

No comments: