Monday, June 21, 2004

SOMETHING FROM NOTHING

it's been said that money can either be your master or your slave. and since i'm about to have an actual salary next year, i'm thinking about how to make money work for me. here are my thoughts so far:

1. money can be your servant by creating more wealth for you. my parents (and some financial advisors) recommend that i "pay myself" 10% of whatever i make and put it into some sort of investment so that it can work for me.

but then my question is, WHY? why should i care for more money? which leads me to:

2. money can work for you in places you cannot be all at once. by sending money to support people or organizations, you can let it represent you. so you can be "working" in many places even while you're asleep!

but the really exciting thought is this:

3. money invested into God's work becomes heavenly riches. so what is earthly and perishable can turn into something eternal! in my eyes, that's like God is giving us a way to make something out of nothing. and that's a pretty sweet deal.

makes you rethink how you want to spend your money, eh?

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
~Matthew 6:19-20~

No comments: