Friday, January 30, 2004

BROTHERS

growing up as an only child with no male cousins or friends my age, i had always wanted a brother. more specifically, i wanted an older brother. i guess it's rather typical of a girl to want someone to watch out for her. anyway, unless time could be turned back and history changed, it's literally impossible for me to get what i wanted. but this week, i've realized just how many brothers i have in the larger family of God. being the emotionally taxing week it was, God sent various men to support and encourage me, as well as just check up on me to make sure i didn't burn myself out. so although i may never have a biological brother, i now see how God has blessed me with many spiritual brothers. and oh how thankful i am for their love.

Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.
~Philemon 1:7~

No comments: