Thursday, October 16, 2003

WHERE HAS OLIVE BEEN HIDING?

i don't usually do updates of this sort, but the past few days have been so crazy and such a testimony to the sustaining grace of God that i had to jot this down before i go to bed.

so as part of my fourth year theatre production program, i've been given the privilege of designing the set for York's second play of the season. the preliminary deadline for the design was today. this past monday (thanksgiving), i met with my director to discuss the way the design was heading and he had an epiphany, which sent the whole visual concept in a different direction. what this meant was that what i was originally supposed to do in three weeks, i now had three days to finish. hearing about the situation, my teachers were all very understanding and they told me to get whatever i could done. so i worked away, steadily and surely. i also put a new motto up on my bulletin board to remind me of where my strength was from: By GOD'S GRACE, i will LIVE through this... not just survive.

7:00pm tonight, we had our meeting to present our preliminary designs. the director explained his new approach and my teacher reiterated that whatever i had was acceptable. my other teacher even suggested we set another due date if need be. but there was no need. by the grace of God, i'd managed to get every single thing completed! and on top of that, i've been able to sneak in classes, fellowship time and coffee with a friend. :> sure, i've only had about 9 hrs sleep over the past two days, but now i can take the weekend off and rest.

so i praise God for giving me strength and the clarity of thought to complete this segment of the project. three days of non-stop model building and drawing has been pretty harrowing. but now, i sleep. :D

I love you, O LORD , my strength.
~Psalm 18:1~

No comments: