Friday, October 25, 2002

DIVINE APPOINTMENTS

i had a most interesting day yesterday. first, i got to have lunch with a new friend who's looking for God. we had an awesome conversation about God and various aspects of who He is. then, on my way down to the Toronto Reference Library, i bumped into a girl who was in my program in first year but hadn't come back. i hadn't seen her since then so it was a huge surprise for me to bump into her again. the coolest thing was that when she saw me, she told me that she'd just been thinking about me the other day. needless to say, we exchanged numbers and hopefully, we can keep in touch. finally, last night, just as i was drifting off to dreamland, i got a phone call from another friend who needed my help. during that conversation, part of me wanted to hang up because i was so tired. but i knew that i was just being selfish. so yeah, God's been teaching me that whatever circumstances He brings to me, i am to serve Him there.

another neat anecdote i meant to post on wednesday... our ccf's been meeting in a classroom every week. the only thing is, we hadn't actually booked it through the school. so technically, we could have been kicked out. anyway, this week, i thought that i'd live up to my responsibilities and actually book the room for the rest of the semester. so i handed in the form on monday, figuring that with 7 business days of processing, we should be cleared for the room by next week's meeting. wednesday morning, i received a call from the lady at the office. she informed me that we couldn't get the room we requested, but they were giving us another room that would hold the same number of people. i thanked her but in the back of my head, i was unhappy. the room we'd been meeting in was good! why couldn't we have it? and then, God convicted me: don't you trust me that i'll give you the best? you haven't even seen the new room yet, why are you complaining? i had to admit, He caught me. when i went to check out the new room, i realized that i was better for our purposes. *sigh*

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
~James 1:17~

No comments: