Friday, February 29, 2008

THIS ADDICT IS CHECKING INTO REHAB

That's right, I'm a closet addict and I'm coming clean now. It might not be the kind of addiction you're used to hearing about, but it's sapping the life out of me and I need to get out.

I'm an approval addict.

God has exposed this stronghold in my heart and I'm going into a period of rehabilitation. I've been using my writing, my blogs, my updates and newsletters as a secret way of feeding this addiction. I've been trying to satisfy my cravings with praises of people when only the opinion of Lord Himself matters.

This idolatry has to stop.

So I'm going cold turkey until my heart is free from the need to build my worth upon people's opinions about me.

Thanks for sticking with me this far. I have hope that I will be back blogging again someday. I really do love writing and seeing God use it to bless. In the meantime, if God brings me to your mind, please say a prayer for me. I know God will use this time of silence for the good of all of us.

There is a time for everything,
And a season for every activity under heaven.
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
~Ecclesiastes 3:1,7~

No comments: