Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LUCKY ME

Last week I had a dream about receiving a red pocket for Chinese New Year (yah, I enjoy getting money ;p)... In my dream, no matter how many times I tried to count how much was in it, I couldn't get my numbers straight. It didn't matter which bill I started to count with, I would get lost partway through and I'd have to start over. In the end, I gave up trying to know how much was in that red pocket.

I think this is a picture of the blessings God gives us. I cannot quantify them, no matter how much I try to count them! And sometimes, His blessings don't appear to be blessings so I miscount.

I also think this dream is symbolic of trying to predict or figure God out. It simply cannot be done.

In the end, my response to God can only be to receive His gifts and His person with gratitude. Because I'm luckier than I'll ever know.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~Ephesians 3:20-21~

No comments: