Tuesday, November 06, 2007

FRUIT-LESS

This post has been rattling around in my brain for a while now and I thought it was about time to set it free...

In my devos one day, I read about a gardener who was asked about his abundant and lush grape harvest. He explained that when he first acquired the vineyard, he pruned all the plants and for two whole years he had no harvest. I saw a parallel in my own life. I've been feeling fruitless lately but it was as if the Lord spoke and affirmed to me that it is actually quite unnatural and impossible for a plant who is in the pruning process to bear fruit. A pruned branch cannot bear fruit! Nor is it expected to. A pruned plant has only one task: to drink in the sunshine and take in the nutrients from the earth through the vine. And one day, when God deems it time, flowers will bloom and fruit will come forth. Even more fruit than was ever possible before.

Christ's yoke is much lighter than my own. Hallelujah!

...Every branch that does bear fruit, he prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
~John 15:2~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just finished reading the book "Adam" that you lent me. There is one sentence that strikes me. The writer wrote: "I was challenged to believe that even when I had nothing to show for myself, I was still God's beloved son." Yes, Olive, He loves you so much that even though you thought you're unproductive, His love is still there for you.