Wednesday, November 07, 2007

BROKEN

Today,
The water isn’t running,
Our apartment smells like sewage,
The internet is temperamental,
I was fortunate to have a seat on the bus one-way,
It’s taken me almost 2 hours to make a simple soup,
And all I want to do since I woke up is go back to sleep.

This soldier is broken.

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
~Psalm 40:1-2~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

just to let you know that there is someone crying with you.
"but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength ..." Is 40:31

Anonymous said...

My child, you are mistaken, this soldier is not broken. This soldier is just too tired from fighting a great battle for the Lord. All this soldier need is a good rest and will be up again ready for another good fight.

babyfootprints