Friday, July 16, 2004

THICKER THAN WATER

having relatives over is turning out to be a surprisingly pleasant experience.  in the last four days, i've learned stuff about my family from my uncle that has been rather fascinating.  i've learned the history of my dad's chinese name ('cuz my uncle was the one who named him!) and i've heard about lots of interesting foods from their home city that are no longer prepared or consumed.  but the coolest tidbit of info thus far has been that my grandfather (who i never had the chance to meet) used to be a thespian!  he showed my uncle pictures of himself as a youngster, acting on stage.  so it's in the genes!!  :)  how very interesting.

Ask the former generations and find out what their fathers learned, 
for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow.
~Job 8:8-9~

No comments: