Saturday, June 07, 2003

ONE DAY

T-1week until i leave japan... and i finally have time to post something again!

one thing that has struck me while i've been here is the beauty of worshipping with people of other nations. at urbana three years ago, i experienced something like it, but here, in japan, i've been attending a japanese church so everything has been in japanese. learning to sing worship songs like Lord I Lift Your Name On High and I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever in japanese or simply just listening reminded me of just how big our God is. and God has blessed me with opportunities to actually sing as part of joint canadian/japanese worship teams! it's such an awesome feeling that it only makes me thirst for heaven all the more. this morning was our last service at our church and i praise God for the chance to pray with my sisters here before leaving. it gives me comfort knowing that our Father is bigger than cities or countries or continents and that He will take care of each of us no matter where we are in the world. it also gives me much joy knowing that our Sayonara today is not good-bye forever because eternity will be spent in each other and in God's wonderous company in worship!

Oh Lord, please have mercy on the people of the nations who do not know you yet! what glory it will be when people of all tribes and tongues will join together in praises of Your name!

And I, because of their actions and their imaginations, am about to come and gather all nations and tongues, and they will come and see my glory.
~Isaiah 66:18~

No comments: