Tuesday, April 22, 2003

COUNTDOWN

two weeks exactly until i turn 22. it seems both old and young at the same time. on one hand, 22 years is a considerable amount of time. i've taught and counselled so many "kids" that i feel like such a mother at times. on the other hand, 22 years is very short. i am only beginning to learn what it is to be an adult. i'm only beginning to see how little i understand about myself, the world and God.

thirteen days until i leave for missions. still don't know where i'm going and who i'm going with. i don't have airplane tickets, don't know what to pack... don't know much, really! but i do know that i'm walking with God and that's enough for me.

lately, i've been finding new gems in the Word.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
~Psalm 139:17-18~

what baffles me is that God would find so much to think about me! like, what is there to think about for so long? anyway, it amazes me that God would think of us so much.

second gem...

...because by one sacrifice he [Jesus] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
~Hebrews 10:14~

as believers, ones who have been redeemed by Christ's blood, we are already considered perfect in God's eyes. however, we are still in the process of becoming holy. so holiness and perfection are separate of each other... something to chew on.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
~Psalm 139:16~

No comments: