Saturday, April 26, 2003

5 REASONS WHY I'M THANKFUL FOR SARS

yes, i actually have found reasons to be thankful for that which is causing so much grief in our city and our world these days...

reason #1: it shows our human frailty. in this age where people are so confident in science and themselves, a disease like this is humbling and puts perspective back into who we are compared to God.

reason #2: it drives us to unite in prayer. stemming from the first reason, people all over the world have been gathering to pray for God's mercy and intervention.

reason #3: it has raised awareness of sanitation. this is especially beneficial in China/HK where cleanliness was not a priority before. now people know how to wash their hands properly!

reason #4: it has redirected my mission trip. God has used it to take me to Japan, where i have to completely rely on Him!

reason #5: it makes me completely rely on God! from keeping me and my team healthy to helping us reach Japanese students, i have to give it all into His hands. and this lets me know Him deeper. :>

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 [italics mine]~

No comments: