Friday, July 03, 2009

A NONDESCRIPT YET SIGNIFICANT DAY

Today marks the one year anniversary of my move to Vancouver. Coming to a point of calling this "home" has been a slow one. But I think that out of all the places in the world that I have been, I'm happy that God brought me here to sink my roots. I still can't get over the fact that beautiful beaches, amazing mountains and the USA are all about a half hour drive away. And our apartment is now such a place of rest - and a mini art gallery to boot! The community God has surrounded me with here has been both a delight and a suprise. I've had to remind myself to be open to new friendships - God can work through new friends as much as He has worked through old friends in the past!

This morning, I imagined God as a gardener, carefully tending to His plants, picking off the brown parts, making sure the soil is moist enough and always, always, being ever-attentive to their growth. As I think about this past year and the incredible amount of progress I've had, I can see His smiling face, eyes twinkling, pleased with what He's done.

"...my Father is the gardener."
~ John 15:1b ~

No comments: