Thursday, June 12, 2008

DARING TO DREAM AGAIN

Tim: I think you need some inspiration, Olive. To help you dream again.

Me: Yeah... I dunno. I think I'm afraid to dream. Because I feel like all my past dreams have been laid aside. Like what's the point of dreaming yet another dream if it doesn't come to fruition?

Tim: So do you feel like you've had a choice in it, or that God has taken your dreams away?

Me: Well, I feel like I've been convinced by God of a dream and then He's presented a better choice, so I've chosen to go with that. It's weird I know, like I'm grieving the loss of something even though what I have is better.

[More dialogue. Tears.]

Me: You know, I feel like somehow because these dreams haven't come true, I've failed God. Like I've left some unfinished task on the to-do list.

Tim: You see these dreams as a to-do list?!?!

Me: Yeah, I do. And I think, why go dream another dream when I have these half-started ones yet incomplete?

Tim: Well, you don't seem to have a problem with leaving books unfinished. You've always got several on the go.

Me: Hmmm...

Tim: So maybe it's the same with these dreams. You can have several pages read now and then you might come back to it later. God knows you have a high need for change, so He's helping you meet that need.

Me: =)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~Ephesians 3:20-21~

1 comment:

tim chan said...

hm i remember that conversation ;)