Monday, January 08, 2007

OH HOW WONDERFUL

i've been thinking about heaven recently. about my life here on earth in relation to heaven. about my 70 or 80 years and how they are really just a speck of time and yet God allows me those years so that i can make a difference in eternity. so i've been asking myself whether every aspect of my life is being impacted by this awareness. and evaluating, will this (whatever it is) last into eternity?

i've also been thinking about how i'm about to move yet again. and how i anticipate that i'll be flying at least 11 times this year and spending time in at least 6 cities in 3 parts of the world before the year 2007 is over. it's a lot of travelling. mind you, i'm aware that there are plenty of other people in the world who travel a lot more than i do. but for a homebody, it's a lot.

i don't think i mind the travelling part as much as i dislike the emotional impact of it all. it's like everytime i get somewhere, i start building friendships and connecting with people and then i have to leave and uproot my heart. i kinda feel like the more places i go, the more bits and pieces of my heart are left all over the world.

which brings me back to heaven. i really look forward to being in a place where everybody is around all the time and it'll be forever! no more packing, no more goodbyes, no more trying to squeeze in appointments with people... how wonderful it will be!

Oh how wonderful, oh how marvellous,
and my song shall ever be,
Oh how wonderful, oh how marvellous
is my Saviour's love for me!
-from a hymn

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
~Revelation 21:2-4~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister, Amen! Love you, and praying for you!

SarHa said...

I completely know what you mean about leaving pieces of your heart in the places you've been. And when you return to some of these cities, you don't get it back...you just leave more behind. I take comfort in knowing that heaven is our real home. "...Our citizenship is in heaven."--Phil 3:20