Tuesday, May 18, 2004

...BUT NOT LOST

a continuation of my previous posting: (thanks for all your comments, it's reassuring to know i'm not walking alone :D )

being bored of reading the other day, my thoughts turned to my heart's tendency to wander. and i asked God exactly what Henri Nouwen put so eloquently. only, in my head, it was more like, "are You not enough?!?!" i wrestled with the fact that no matter how many times i had surrendered, it seemed like i was still holding on. and in the quiet of the shade of the tree, God showed me a simple fact: His grace is sufficient. that means i can come for more, as many times as i want. and He doesn't mind.

so to me, this is the truth that set me free: i am not perfect. and God does not expect me to be. :D so i should not expect me to be. maybe it's not much to you, but it's profound for me.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
~2 Corinthians 12:9~

No comments: