Saturday, November 29, 2003

HE'S REAL

here's a handy tip for all of yas: don't donate blood if you feel even slightly unwell. guess who had to learn the hard way? [grin]

anyway, if anything good could come out of extreme tummy discomfort, loss of fluids, fitful sleep, lack of sugar and low blood pressure, it's this... i felt the hand of Jesus keep me from bashing my head against the toilet as i was on the verge of fainting and again lifting me up off the bathroom floor and guiding me to my room even though i could hardly see. it's odd but i distinctly remember calling on the name of Jesus to help me get up even though my body was slumped on the ground this morning. and i think it was knowing that He was with me that kept me from freaking out since none of my suitemates knew (or cared) that i was sick. wow. it's really so reassuring knowing that God watches over me. it's also good to have friends who live downstairs who are just a phonecall away. :>

I lift up my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD ,
the Maker of heaven and earth.


He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over you-
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
~Psalm 121~


No comments: