Thursday, May 01, 2003

...

packing, packing, packing... don't really want to. but i know i have to... don't know where to begin. hm, maybe doing the laundry would be a good start? ;p never thought i'd have so many mixed feelings and at such intensity. i wonder if this is a common thing for people to experience before leaving on a missions trip? ...dunno. anywho, not much to write today. just one thing that's stuck in my mind for almost a week now. in Chariots of Fire, Eric Liddel explains:

God made me for a purpose - to go to China. But God also made me fast... When I run, I feel His pleasure. Not to run would be to hold Him in contempt.

when i use my hands to make something beautiful, i feel His pleasure. and i pray i don't hold Him in contempt.

"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
And Elisha prayed, "O LORD , open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
~2 Kings 6:16-17~

No comments: