Tuesday, June 25, 2002

LIGHTWALKING

today was my first time being on a film set. production: THE FIREBIRD by the National Ballet of Canada. i was recruited by one of my profs to help paint the set. when i got there, i realized i knew the lighting designer. he asked me if i was free on friday to do some lightwalking... basically, they'll pay me to walk around the set under the lights so they can see if the intensity, focus and colour are to their liking. personally, i think it's a great term.

lightwalking.

then i realized... that's how i want to live my life in Christ. walking in His light. i want to be a lightwalker for life! of course, it's not quite the same as lightwalking for a film crew. in Jesus, i don't do it for anything or anyone other than my relationship with Him. i won't get a film credit for it. i certainly won't get paid for it. maybe someone will gain from watching me walk, or maybe not. but i believe walking in this light will be much more exciting and interesting than walking around in a cement industrial building. and the ultimate rewards will be so much richer.

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
1 John 1:7

No comments: