Thursday, July 17, 2008

FASHION SENSE

I woke up this morning with a feeling of anxiety. Actually, back track a little: I went to sleep last night worried. And when I woke up, I carried a huge weight of responsibility for certain things I hoped would happen today (but really weren't in my control).

As I chatted with the Lord, the conversation went something like this:

Jesus: Olive, what are you wearing?
Me: Worry.
Jesus: Who dressed you this morning?
Me: Um, I did.

I paused and looked down at myself. I suddenly saw how ugly and unflattering that garment was.

"Hmm," I said, "I think Your sense of fashion is a lot better than mine. Why don't you choose something for me to wear today?"

And with a twinkle in His eye, He smiled, "I'd be delighted to."

Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love.
~Colossians 3:12, 14~

No comments: