Friday, June 02, 2006

WHOOPS... DID I SAY THAT?

So I was having a deep conversation with my friend yesterday, telling her about how God has been encouraging me lately. I shared with her my moment of insight last weekend as I sat on the train staring out the window at the railroad tracks. I told her about how even though there were two iron tracks and small rocks filled all the space between them, there were still wildflowers that managed to bloom in between the rocks. This was a picture of God's power and will for LIFE. That despite the human tendency to ruin things and make things dead, God's Spirit prevails.

It all went well until I realized from her expression that something wasn't right. Then, I realized what had come out of my mouth: instead of saying stones, I said that between the two railway tracks, small tongues filled the space between them!

ugh. hahahaha... thus ends this chapter of my adventures

The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
~Genesis 2:7~

1 comment:

tim chan said...

haha. at first i didn't understand how you could mess up the 2 words until i realized the language you were speaking in. funny stuff.