Thursday, February 12, 2004

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE

last night at ccf, we were asked this question, "what's important to you?" being one of the first few people to share, i said that people and investing my life into them was important to me. but as more of the group shared, i realized that that wasn't what was most important to me. as far as i can think of right now, the underlying thought that shapes almost all my decisions is this: on that day, when i face my King Jesus, will i be able to look Him in the face and say, "look what i did with what You gave me! the talents, the people, the time, the knowledge, my life... look! i didn't waste any!"

today, i started reading a novel called Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. it's about the persecuted church in China and i've heard tons of good stuff about it. i'm about 20 pages in and it has already challenged me in terms of my faithfulness to God.

so if i were to answer that question again, i would say, "staying faithful to Jesus is most important to me."

Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?
~Proverbs 20:6~

...when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?
~Luke 18:8~


No comments: