Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: THE CRAZIEST YEAR OF MY LIFE (so far)

In the last 365 days, here is where the good Lord has brought me (in order):

• Toronto

• Vancouver

• Panama

• Vancouver

• Toronto

• Vancouver

• Colorado

• Vancouver

• Whistler

• Vancouver

• Toronto

• East Asia

• Toronto

• East Asia

• Toronto.

A lot of people travel more than this, I know. I suppose travelling needs to be differentiated from moving though. For me, I've moved at least four times in the midst of all the travelling. For a creature who is a homebody by nature, this is an amount of packing, unpacking and moving that borders on being classified as extreme!

Still, I'm deeply grateful for this year. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have been in all these places, for all the people I've met and all the lessons I've learned. I'm grateful for my parents who've allowed me to journey away and keep welcoming me back, even when I come back worse for the wear. And I'm very grateful for Tim, who's persisted in courting me through all these changes of distance, time zones and my moods that fluctuate faster than either of us can keep track of.

At the end of this year, my heart is full of praise because I know God that much more intimately. And Jesus is my heart's treasure more than ever.

I'm tired, yes. But His grace is allowing me to rest now. And by His grace, it's going to be a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
~Genesis 28:15~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad vancouver made it onto your list so many times ;)

2008 - here we go again!

tim.