Saturday, October 21, 2006

CONNECT-THE-DOTS

in my mind, i'm standing on a page. surrounding me are lots of dots. my goal is to connect them all somehow. i draw a straight line from the dot i'm standing at to the nearest one on my right. so far so good. i draw another line. but as i'm drawing, anxiety rises in my heart - how exactly is everything going to link together? where does that dot fit in? what about this one??? what if my lines end up crossing and i end up in a mess????

this, i realize, is what i'm trying to do with the various elements of my life. i'm trying to logically make sense of things that don't seem to fit together at the moment. and i'm trying to figure it all out on my own.

God is bigger than this page of dots i'm standing on though. He is poised and ready to connect my dots. it may not be with straight lines. He may ignore some of the dots and draw some new ones. but He sees the picture He wants to create.

the question is, am i willing to let Him hold the pen?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding;
seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take.
~Proverbs 3:5-6(NLT)~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that verse..
keep trusting my dear sister, He will make your paths straight - it's a promise :)

tim chan said...

haha. my dots don't connect either! this is so confusing

i just read this today - "never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God" - Corrie Ten Boom

tim chan said...

haha. my dots don't connect either! this is so confusing

i just read this today - "never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God" - Corrie Ten Boom